Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo exists to infuse arts and culture into the commercial, educational, and creative economies of our region.
Much of the work we do is behind the scenes either in meetings with our members, advising them on how to write grants, or with organizational leaders, helping them plan new programs. We help to create connections within the community that bring people and resources together.
- We help artists and arts organizations produce music, theatre, dance, visual, media and literary art.
- We administer five grant programs for both individuals and organizations.
- We provide exhibit space for visual artists.
- We produce Art Hop, a free evening of art exhibits taking place monthly throughout our community.
- We produce Art on the Mall, a weekend-long event, supporting local and regional artists.
- We produce Concerts in the Park (free summer concerts in Bronson Park) and promote it, as well as programs from nearby communities, through Summertime Live.
- We produce All Ears Theatre, a series of radio theatre dramas performed live and re-broadcast on public radio.
- We connect artists with resources, and each other, through membership benefits as well as promoting and supporting arts events.
- We administer a fiscal sponsorship program allowing for the incubation of new projects to be supported as they grow.
- We manage the Epic Center, a home to 11 arts organizations, a retail store and a restaurant.