Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Society of Government Economists’ mission is to support the professional development of public policy economists by providing them with research, publication, and professional communication opportunities.
This Society is organized for the professional and educational purposes of: exclusively charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as now in effect or as may hereafter be amended. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, such purposes included the following:
1. Promote the profession of economics.
2. Encourage discussion, research and education in the field of economics.
3. Promote a greater understanding of economic principles and their application to government decision-making and policy.
4. Promote the visibility of research produced by government economists.
Section B. Policies.
1. There shall be no discrimination as regards to race, religion, sex, or age in any of the Society’s activities.
2. The Society shall not adopt a resolution nor take a public position in support of a political action or candidate for public office.