Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Believing technology can be easy for everyone, Generation Exchange conducts nonprofit events that connect young "digital-natives" (Mentors) and older "analog-natives" (Mentees) in order to exchange knowledge, understanding, and empowerment through technology. This empowerment directly contributes to the older adults’ quality of living : connectedness, security and vitality. These connections also benefit the young Mentors, who gain from the seasoned perspectives, invaluable wisdom, and professional relationships of their older counterparts.
The three Generation Exchange core beliefs:
1) We believe that technology should be easy and accessible for everyone, no exceptions;
2) We believe our rapid technological evolution has created a generation gap, to the detriment of all
age groups. This gap disempowers and isolates older generations, while it creates barriers for
younger generations to connect with the wealth of insight and experience older generations have to
offer them; and,
3) We believe technology has the power to dramatically enhance the lives of older generations, and
reconnect them as a resource to the larger community.
Generation Exchange operating concepts:
1) One-on-one pairings, to enhance personal connection between the Mentor and Mentee, and
allow for inclusion of all types of devices and skill level;
2) No curriculum: the exchange is set by the specific questions and interests of the older-adult
We hold free monthly sessions and since 2018 have had over 500 participants. The number of participants per workshop has varied from 20 to 90
people, and the age of participants has ranged from 13 to 97 years old. We have no age minimum or maximum to volunteer or come get help. We welcome anyone and everyone.
Through authentic respect as the prerequisite for constructive interpersonal exchange, we challenge the
perceptions that separate generations. And that interpersonal, intergenerational exchange creates trust
as a powerful and fundamental path to empowerment and well-being.