Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Walk-On Foundation is an initiative that engages and advances underprivileged youth through providing technological resources and skillsets for the purpose of providing a jump-start in the exposure to STEM for further education and career interests.
- The Walk-On Foundation (TWOF) collaborates with Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, and High Schools to offer coding classes as an extracurricular and/or an elective that teaches valuable skillsets such as:
- Critical Thinking
- Logic and Reasoning
- Pattern Recognition
- Problem Solving
- The resources we utilize to educate students on coding is through a partnership with CodeSpark Academy, an entity that has had their program and research backed by MIT and Princeton
- CodeSpark is an entity developed with the intent of making computer sciences accessible to kids everywhere.
- They utilize a word-free interface to make learning code accessible to pre-readers and non-English speakers.
- CodeSpark aims to close the gender gap by utilizing game mechanics that increases engagement in girls by up to 20% and inspiring girl characters in aspirational professions.
- TWOF aims to utilize the best resources and partnerships to make sure that tools and resources are accessible.
- There is no cost to the schools we partner with, costs if any are managed by TWOF.
- TWOF partners with the schools to provide scholarships to one boy and one girl who highlighted excellence/improvement in STEM at graduation.
- TWOF offers backpacks and school supplies to students at the start of the academic year.