Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Responding to your concerns regarding quality of life in homes licensed for Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities or Mental Health Conditions. Affirming your perspective and rights through investigation, advocacy, education and referral is our mission. Live Life
Who we are
The Residential Facilities Ombudsman program (RFO) provides advocacy services to individuals living in homes and facilities licensed or certified for Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities or Mental Health conditions.
RFO is authorized to serve individuals under ORS 443.380-396
The Residential Facilities Ombudsman program is an independent state program that is resident rights and client wishes driven. Because we are independent, we are the only program operating strictly on behalf of residents, without obligation to any facility providing care or any or the state or county agencies regulating those providers.
We are advocates from the person’s perspective.
What does an Ombudsman do?
- Advocates to resolve resident rights and quality of life issues
- Visit individuals in their homes through regular, unannounced visits
- Identify and investigate concerns on behalf of individuals
- Assist individuals to resolve complaints and exercise their rights
- Identify and report systemic issues affecting services for individuals
Who we serve
RFO provides services to over 8,000 Oregonians living in approximately 2,400 homes licensed or certified for Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health conditions across the state.