Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We aim continuously to provide services, resources and support that will enable families, individuals and youth in urban communities to overcome social, economic, educational and other barriers in which they face by gaining and sustaining successful outcomes in life. We do this through our programs, services and community projects.
Elms Family and Community Services (EFCS) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) community organization. The organization was founded in 2018 by Kimberly Elms, who serves as the organization's chief executive officer.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
The organization provides youth, adult and family programs and related support services at local schools, community centers and other community locations to assist in closing social, economic and educational gaps faced by individuals residing in the City of Detroit and surrounding communities.
- Increase academic performance for 80% of students participating in programs by one grade level or greater annually
- Decrease out-of-school suspensions for youth participants by 80% or greater annually
- Implement new model for adult education transition
2019 ACHIEVEMENTS Q1
- Formed partnerships with four additional community partner;
- Successfully launched Sisters Uniting to Win and Bridging the Gaps programs;
- Delivered personal development support to 48 adult education students