Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To enrich the Neonatal intensive Care Unit experience of premature and sick babies by providing non-medical support.
Hats and Peas, Inc. is a charitable organization focused on providing neonatal intensive care units with non-medical materials to support babies in the units. We are a team of professionals passionate about helping babies enjoy the NICU experience during the first few weeks of life. We are dedicated to supporting new life units in hospitals in Long Island and New York city areas. Hats and Peas, Inc. is based in Long Island, New York and is incorporated as a Non-for-Profit Corporation in the state of New York.
We utilize our resources to donate handmade knit and crochet hats, blankets and octopi dolls to NICUs in the New York Metropolitan area. Since inception, we have donated 2,200 hats; 450 blankets, and 210 octopi to NICUs to the following hospitals in the New York City and Long Island areas.
- Winthrop Hospital
- Jacobi Medical Center
- Cohen’s Children @ North Shore University Hospital
- New York-Presbyterian Weill Cornell
- New York-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley
- South Nassau Communities Hospital
- Staten Island University Hospital
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital Queens
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
- Mercy Hospital
- Nassau University Medical Center
- Richmond University Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center
Our goal is to donate 200 Octopi, 300 blankets and 600 hats this year.
Hats and Peas, Inc accepts donations. Donate Now.