Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to promote optimal mental health among the entire community through education and advocacy.
At SWELL, we envision a society where mental wellness is the foundation of a healthy community and optimal health means making a commitment to care for mind, body, and spirit.
We work to achieve this vision through the following services:
- Guiding and mentoring members of our high school youth group, RIPL, as they peer model healthy lifestyles for fellow students.
- Working with RIPL to provide mental health education, from substance use prevention to stress relief and positive body image campaigns, to the entire high school community.
- Wellness-focused assemblies for the middle school, junior high, and high school.
- Parenting workshops and events focused on mental health and wellness.
- Community-wide substance abuse prevention education and drug takeback events.
- Mindfulness education within the South Kingstown schools.
Our future goals include:
- Developing a junior high youth group based on the RIPL model that will also serve as a social-emotional learning mentoring program.
- Growing our mindfulness training programs to the entire community.
- Providing mental health workshops and events to the greater community.