Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
For 100 years nationally and 91 years in the Grand Rapids area, Camp Fire USA has been building caring, confident youth and future leaders.
Camp Fire USA continues to meet the needs of today's children and youth through a variety of programs in community centers, classrooms, homes, schools, churches, and more.
Camp Fire USA is a national co-educational youth development agency serving boys and girls from kindergarten through middle school. Camp Fire USA runs quality programming during out of school time for students in 11 sites in the Grand Rapids Public Schools and the surrounding community.
We employ 12 core values that guide the development of programs and the organization as a whole:
- We believe that children and youth are our most precious resources.
- We believe in an approach to youth development that builds assets and empowers individuals.
- We believe that the best youth development occurs in small groups where children and youth are actively involved in creating their own learning.
- We are committed to coeducation, providing opportunities for boys, girls and families to develop together.
- We provide caring, trained mentors to work with children and youth.
- We are inclusive, welcoming children, youth and adults regardless of race, religion, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation or other aspect of diversity.
- We believe in the power of nature to awaken a child's senses, curiosity, and desire to learn.
- We foster leadership, engaging children and youth to give service and make decisions in a democratic society.
- We provide safe, fun and nurturing environments for children and youth.
- We enrich parents' and other adults' lives by expanding their skills and encouraging them to share their talents and build relationships with children and youth
- We respond to community needs with our programs and expertise.
- We advocate on behalf of children, youth and families.