Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Miami-Dade County Medical Reserve Corps is to pre-identify, train, credential, and support dedicated medical and non-medical professional volunteers for an all-hazards emergency response in Miami-Dade County.
The Miami-Dade County Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is a part of the Florida MRC Network which is supported by the Florida Department of Health. The MRC is a national network of local groups of volunteers committed to improving the public health, emergency response, and resiliency of their communities.
Benefits of Joining the MRC
- Help Miami-Dade County to better prepare for and respond to public health emergencies
- Network with other professionals in the medical and public health field
- Maintain your healthcare license by earning continuing education credits
- Gain public health experience
- Learn opportunities and skills development through training and hands-on drills/exercises
- Protection under state liability coverage and worker’s compensation during volunteer activities
- Sense of pride and accomplishment through community service
- Be part of a dedicated public health and emergency response team