Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We help people find the perfect match for a new best friend. For the entire community, we offer vital, low-cost pet vaccinations, spay & neuter services, boarding and training. Our volunteers help us provide emotional support and enrichment to the dogs and cats we are re-homing during their stay with us.
The Santa Barbara Humane Society plays a vital role in the lives of our community, from children, families and seniors, to our animal welfare partners and colleagues, and regional emergency preparation and response providers.
- Our low-cost clinic services create equal access to health through vaccinations for community animals, and promote social responsibility through spay/neuter surgeries available for the public.
- Shelter adoptions and the ongoing support we offer for adopters and other pet owners foster humane treatment of animals.
- Our long-standing Humane Education program allows us to help children learn to be responsible pet owners - our Humane Educator gives presentations to preschool through 6th grade classrooms from Lompoc to Carpinteria.
- We offer low cost adoptions through our Seniors for Seniors program designed for Seniors 55 years of age or more who adopt a dog or cat who is at least 6 years old.
- We also have a trained Technical Large Animal Rescue Team that provides emergency response for the community, whether that involves rescuing horses from an accident, or responding to a large-scale emergency such as the Gibraltar Fire.
While we provide humane treatment to animals, and a humane option for individuals and families who for a variety of reasons must face relinquishing a pet.