Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Haley House uses food with purpose and the power of community to break down barriers between people, empower individuals, and strengthen neighborhoods. We believe in radical solutions: solving problems at their root by challenging attitudes that perpetuate suffering and building alternative models.
Haley House is a multi-faceted organization that meets our community's needs through five interconnected branches:
- Food & Meals: Soup Kitchen, Food Pantry, Elder Meals, Community Tables
- Affordable Housing: 100+ units of permanent housing scattered throughout the South End
- Urban Farming: a school garden in the South End and urban farm and community garden in Roxbury
- Education & Training: cooking classes for underserved youth (Take Back the Kitchen) and training for people returning from incarceration (Transitional
- Social Enterprise: located in Roxbury since 2005, Haley House Bakery Café includes a full-service café, catering, and wholesale operation that also hosts extensive arts and cultural programming