Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The specific purpose of Ari Had A Dream, Inc. is to effect change in the counties of Riverside and San Bernardino, California and surrounding areas regarding the proper care and welfare of all animals, especially dogs, that are homeless, abandoned or rescued from abuse, within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Ari Had A Dream, Inc. envisions a NO-KILL society in which every animal can live out its natural life in a safe, loving and nurturing environment. .
We are a one-of-a-kind dog sanctuary where dogs reside in a home, on campus, with the ability to move freely throughout the home and play areas. Each dog enjoys social activities and exercise appropriate to its age and availability.
OUR GOALS are:
1.To reduce the number of homeless pets euthanized, abandoned or surrendered to high-kill shelters.
2. To provide a safe, nurturing environment for dogs who have lost their homes because their elderly owners can no longer care for them (the Care 4 Life program).
3. To provide temporary care for canine companions of military personnel on deployment when there is no other responsible person to care for the pet (the Military Muttz program).
4. To maintain the human-animal bond, however and whenever possible by letters, photos, Skype or arranged visits.
5. To keep bonded pets together.
6. To honor the pet owner's wish that the pet (1) remains at the sanctuary for the rest of its life; (2) that the pet is re-homed with a new family; or, (3) that the pet is fostered by another senior citizen who has lost his/her pet.
Ari Joseph Magder was born on May 3, 1983. He died on April 27, 2012, in his sleep, from acute bronchial pneumonia. He was 28 years old. Ari loved all animals and he believed that every animal deserves a safe, happy and full life.
Ari Had A Dream was formed by a group of volunteers to honor Ari's memory. The charity was was granted federal tax-exempt status on May 11, 2016.