Neponset River Watershed Association
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Sports & Recreation
Location2173 Washington StreetCanton, MA 02021 United States
The Neponset River Watershed Association is dedicated to protecting and restoring the Neponset River, its lakes, ponds, streams, and surrounding watershed lands.
The Neponset River Watershed Association (NepRWA) is a non-profit environmental organization that was established in 1967.
The Neponset River begins in Foxborough, MA and ends in Dorchester Harbor. The watershed is made up of 14 communities and more than 330,000 people.
Our small staff of scientists, educators, and advocates relies on volunteers and members to help fulfill our mission.
- We partner with our towns to improve water conservation and reduce stormwater pollution.
- We conduct water quality testing and study water quantity issues along the Neponset River and its tributaries.
- We visit schools and work with educators to teach about water conservation, stormwater pollution, habitat restoration, and climate issues.
- We work with community groups to promote environmental stewardship and equality.
- We help towns to create environmentally sound by-laws and review development projects.
- We produce annual river cleanups and offer recreational events.