Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Warrior Canine Connection enlists recovering Warriors in a therapeutic mission of learning to train service dogs for their fellow Veterans.
Warrior Canine Connection places highly trained service dogs with Veterans who have visible and invisible wounds.
We are seeking volunteer Puppy Parents to help us fulfill our mission. Puppy Parents raise our service dogs for approximately two years before the dog graduates and is placed with a Veteran. Our Puppy Parents will be the first to tell you that the time, attention, and love they give to these future service dogs is incredibly rewarding and joyful.
Each puppy goes home with their Puppy Parent between the age of 8-12 weeks. To be considered for this important work, you must be willing and able to provide the following support and training for your WCC puppy:
- Provide a stable, safe, consistent and loving environment
- Supervise the young puppy throughout the day
- Teach the puppy manners and basic commands
- Keep the puppy on a leash at all times or supervised in a securely fenced area
- Closely monitor the puppy’s progress and submit monthly reports
- Attend weekly training classes, including social outings that build skills and confidence
- Provide the puppy with age-appropriate socialization opportunities
- Ensure that your WCC puppy is the only dog under the age of one in your home
- Agree to return the puppy upon request