Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission at Greenwood School is to provide a healthy educational foundation for every student's intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and spiritual growth. We accomplish this by balancing arts, academics, and ethics with equal attention--precisely how children's character should be molded. We deliver top-notch academics to every Greenwood School student, but believe it's equally important we nurture their inner development and well-being through balanced and humanistic pedagogical approaches. Our approach emphasizes "eulogy virtues"--connection, compassion, honesty, and service--not "resume virtues" like the achievement of wealth, fame, and status.
Founded in 1994
Head of School: Shaheer Faltas
Classrooms per grade level: 1 (Kindergarten = 2)
Student-faculty ratio: 7:1
Average class size: 13 students
Enrollment: 125 students
Greenwood School is committed to:
- Academic excellence and love of learning through a developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Engagement with diverse spiritual and cultural traditions
- Respect and compassion for others
- Reverence for nature and stewardship of the earth
- Community service within and beyond the school
- Media and technology exposure appropriate for a student's development
Greenwood School prepares students for high school and for life by:
- Providing a broad-based, academically rigorous curriculum that is integrated across subjects-including art, music, foreign language, and environmental studies
- Offering experiential learning opportunities that engage students directly in the phenomena being studied
- Cultivating students' initiative, collaboration, self-confidence and ethical behavior
- Assessing progress and work to develop a students' unique capacities
- Assuring a safe, nurturing environment
- Fostering a community of parents, teachers, staff, students and alumni who enrich one another's lives
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!