Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Haircuts with Heart provides haircuts, manicures, and makeup applications for the Bay Area’s underserved communities; including people experiencing homelessness, and veterans and their families. These services are provided completely free of charge. Although a haircut can be thought of as a small gesture, our guests have said they "feel normal," "proud of how I look," and that it is "nice to be touched." Our volunteer stylists have been told "thank you for not forgetting about us" and other similar sentiments. We believe our services help our guests approach the next steps in their lives.
In a little over two years we have hosted 20 events and served over 1,000 guests. Our strategy is to build trust and to establish frequent contact to nourish our guests and contributing partners.
When Haircuts with Heart partners with a community based organization, we set up a pop up salon at their site and serve approximately 50 people at each event. We recruit local, licensed, volunteer hair stylists, barbers, makeup artists and manicurists, who all volunteer their time.
Our goals for 2018-2019 are:
- Host over 30 events serving approximately 1,000 guests
- Reach further into the community by expanding our geographic reach and community based partnerships
- Partner with hair care brands to donate products for takeaway bags
- Expand our volunteer base to assist with new locations, fundraising, and outreach
- Implement a development plan which includes member sponsorships, fundraising via events and social media, the pursuit of foundation grant opportunities, and marketing to salons to host fundraisers in their salons
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!