Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To inspire and organize teen volunteers to provide ongoing companionship and complimentary beauty makeovers to women living in senior homes. To bridge the gap between generations one makeover at a time. To help teen volunteers become compassionate leaders of the future.
GlamourGals is a nonprofit organization that organizes student-led chapters based in high schools (grades 9-12) and colleges across the country. Rachel Doyle founded GlamourGals in 2000 in memory of her grandmother. The first GlamourGals makeover took place in Commack, New York with only three volunteers. We currently have more than 1,700 volunteers in 16 states, and 100 chapters visiting senior homes in their communities. Our volunteers provide seniors with a restored sense of dignity through personal attention and warmth of caring touch, as well as the opportunity to share their stories. We also focus on leadership development for our volunteers, providing them with leadership training, mentorships, and professional development workshops.
What you can do as a volunteer:
- Connect with seniors in your local community
- Participate in makeovers to help seniors feel young again
- Provide seniors with a restored sense of dignity
- Gain the opportunity to listen to and share their stories
- Bridge the gap between generations in your community
- Develop confidence and have the opportunity to take on leadership roles
- Gain access to mentorship opportunities, interactive skill-building workshops, and professional development training
- Improve your interpersonal and communication skills by interacting with seniors
- Receive support, guidance, and materials from the GlamourGals National Office for senior home visits