JOHN F KENNEDY MEMORIAL FOUNDATION
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location73555 SAN GORGONIO WAYPALM DESERT, CA 92260 United States
The physical, emotional and intellectual well-being of the next generation of local children is the focus of the John F. Kennedy Memorial Foundation.
John F. Kennedy Memorial Foundation was founded in 1984. In the late 1990’s, the organization formally organized the Board of Directors. Under the leadership of William Powers, Founding Board Chairman, and a group of community dignitaries, a strong Board was assembled. They envisioned and prioritized the development of a one stop health care facility to serve the unmet needs of underserved children and families of the Coachella Valley. In 2002 JFK Memorial Foundation built and opened our Healthy Family Clinic. Today the Foundation operates all of our community programs and activities from the clinic. In addition, the building houses a full service pediatric clinic run by Jasmine L. Ramos, M.D., Diplomate American Board of Pediatrics.
JFK Foundation programs & services include:
- Home Visitation for families with young children focusing on child abuse prevention
- Family screenings, assessments and referrals to community resources
- Parenting Skills and Parenting Education programs
- Reach Out and Read early literacy program
- Ophelia Project National Headquarters - A team-mentoring program for girls in middle and high schools