Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Piano School of New York City (PSNYC) is to make a positive impact and broaden the perspectives of all children and adults by providing exposure to and availability of piano and music instruction by highly trained musicians. Small group classes in piano performance, music theory, and music history support our main goals of fostering self-esteem and early, direct participation in music that might not otherwise take place due to income inequality and insufficient musical instruction in schools.
Established in 2001 with the purpose of reaching children at local schools, Piano School of New York City (PSNYC) started its piano and music lesson programming in Harlem and the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
Inspired by successful results of piano and music group classes at schools in that area, piano and music classes quickly spread around town to Brooklyn, Queens, New Jersey, Rockland County, and West Chester. PSNYC creates incredible personal growth opportunities for all children and adults through first-class music education offering piano lessons and much much more.
We want to inspire, build confidence, and shape the intellect of children and adults by providing a number of opportunities such as:
- In-person one-to-one classes in piano performance
- Online classes in piano performance and music theory
- After school enrichment arts programs for children
- Art related classes from affiliates non-profit institutions
- Master class seminars with popular musicians from all over the world who are enthusiast supporters of PSNYC
- Music appreciation classes for children with disabilities
- Music scholarships to children from low-income families
- Piano lessons for students of all ages
- Benefit concerts in New York to support the causes that we believe in