Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To provide at-risk youth with systematic and multi-faceted educational/recreational programs as a community intervention. The emphasis is on academic achievement in assisting to educate youth with the full knowledge and science of sportsmanship, teamwork and healthy competition. While preparing youth with a structural foundation, we serve as a means to build self-esteem, good character and encourage community/civic involvement. Through our collaborations with families, volunteers, educational institutions and other professional and community organizations we provide youth with positive modeling for successful living based on our foundational approach
VOC was formed in May 2008 by a group of concerned fathers and community leaders with two goals:
1. Provide safe environments for young people to play sports and provide opportunities for them to give back to their communities.
2. Empower the leaders and mentors in the community with resources so they could design flexible programs that would have a direct impact on the youth and the community.
We partner and collaborate with the Philadelphia Department of Recreation, Philadelphia P.A.L (Cobbs Creek branch), Tustin Recreation Center, Papa Playground, Showcase Community Services, Weekend of Peace group and their affiliates, Stop the Madness Stop the Violence Inc. Leadership Network of Philadelphia, 60th Street Business organization and many more civic and sports related organizations.
1. Basketball, Soccer, Flag Football to include leagues, tournaments and camps. Servicing middle and high school students.
2. Mentoring to include life and social skills, team building and conflict resolution.
3. Workforce Development where youth are trained and prepared to work in the workforce, especially during the summer months under the Philadelphia Work Ready summer program.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!