Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mission: The Stand-Up Baltimore Initiative strives to inspire young men to lead their communities through civic engagement, community development and political leadership. Vision: A Baltimore community where every citizen votes, is educated about the political system and encouraged to develop community driven solutions.
The Stand-Up Baltimore Initiative mentoring sessions will include:
- Meet weekly between 3-4 hours to cover trainings, workshops, tours, recreational activities and school projects.
- Topics including: community action, local, city, state and national politics will be addressed. As well as the areas leadership and manhood.
- Mentoring from trained by staff, volunteers, local (city), state and national representatives.
- Increased knowledge and interest in civic and community leadership.
- Increased motivation to take a leadership position on issues impacting local community.
- Increased professional development and public speaking skills.
- Desire to continue obtain education to help become a civic leader.