Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Vincent York's Jazzistry is an educational program that uses live performance to teach children and adults the story of Jazz and its role in American history and culture in order to: - Expand how we view our society - Cultivate a personal relationship with history - Demonstrate the benefit and beauty of our multicultural heritage - Create a new generation of jazz lovers
Jazzistry is Jazz + history + artistry. We are an educational program that brings a lively multi-media presentation full of music and stories (as told by Detroit's best professional musicians) to students all over Michigan.
Our live music program does the following:
- spans 400 years of American History and helps students personalize history
- allows students to understand the many benefits of being part of a multi-cultural heritage
- helps students understand how music has evolved into what it is today
- helps students formulate connections between history and music
- for some students, our program is their first live performance experience
Some of what we do is funded by grants, therefore, we need a grant writer to help us maintain the grants we have as well as obtain new funding so that we can continue to bring our live Jazzistry programs to students all over Michigan.