Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Hospice Pet Advocates provides pre-planning assistance, education, emergency services and advocacy for pet owners facing a terminal or life-limiting illness.
HPA was co-founded by a medical social worker and a hospice nurse when they saw a need first-hand.
HPA work with patients, their families and health care professionals to provide pet-related services to those facing end of life, transitions in care or permanent debilitation.
- Raising awareness about the importance and necessity of pre-planning for pets.
- Educational programming for patients and care providers about pet issues.
- Pre-planning counseling, networking and direct assistance
- Emergency rescue services
- Placement with a partner adoption agency.