Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The New Mexico Alliance for School-Based Health Care represents school-based health centers in New Mexico and collaborates with other partners to promote, facilitate, and advocate for comprehensive, integrated, culturally competent health care, including health education, in schools.
- Provide training and technical assistance to keep SBHCs open and thriving
- Advocate locally and nationally to keep SBHCs on the radar of funders and decision makers
- Policy development to keep SBHCs sustainable and high quality
- Develop and provide tools and resources to support SBHCs and their patients
- We serve all of the school-based health centers in New Mexico, which includes:
- Rural, frontier, urban and tribal communities
- Clinics that serve all ages of children and some that serve adults
- We regularly consult with three separate state agencies (DOH, HSD, and PED) on issues relevant to school-based health care
- We have a web, e-newsletter and social-media presence open to all and reaching 500-750 unique individuals
- We have annual communication with every state and federal New Mexico legislator
- We have annual communication with every superintendent and principal with oversight of an SBHC
Our staff are located in Albuquerque and we have board members who represent communities across the state. We are supported by state agencies, private foundations, corporate donors, and individual donors. For more information visit www.nmasbhc.org.