Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Volunteers donate their time to patrol neighborhoods and respond to specific non-emergency calls for service while driving specially marked city vehicles. C.O.P. are not law enforcement officers nor do they perform any law enforcement tasks, but they are trained on how to spot suspicious criminal activity. C.O.P. receive training in areas such as crime prevention, first aid and CPR, traffic control, and community policing.
What are the requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be of good moral character
- Successfully complete the application process, which includes a background check, FCIC/NCIC check, and a driving history check.
- Successfully complete the
- application process and an interview.
- Have a valid Florida driver’s license with no suspension of driving privileges in the previous five years.
- Have not been convicted of, or have pled no contest, to any offense committed in the past 5 years or less for any felony, or any misdemeanor involving drugs or issues of moral turpitude, or any other offense as determined by the Chief of Police.