Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our Mission: To assist and support individuals and families to find and maintain peace, comfort, and safety when a life-limiting illness no longer responds to cure-oriented treatments. ABH will address spiritual, physical, emotional, and psychological needs in a sensitive, compassionate, and efficient manner.
- Hospice is a special concept of care designed to provide comfort and support to patients and their families.
- Hospice care neither prolongs life nor hastens death. Hospice staff and volunteers offer a specialized knowledge of medical care, including pain management.
- The goal of hospice care is to improve the quality of a patient's last days by offering comfort and dignity.
- Hospice care is provided by a team-oriented group of specially trained professionals, volunteers and family members.
- Hospice addresses all symptoms of a disease, with a special emphasis on controlling a patient's pain and discomfort.
- Hospice deals with the emotional, social and spiritual impact of the disease on the patient and the patient's family and friends.
- Hospice offers a variety of bereavement and counseling services to families before and after a patient's death.