TINKERS CREEK WATERSHED PARTNERSINC
- Education & Literacy
LocationPO BOX 444TWINSBURG, OH 44087 United States
Our mission is to protect and restore water quality and habitats of the Tinker’s Creek and Brandywine Creek watersheds through community partnerships.
Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners is a non-profit watershed organization. The Tinker’s Creek watershed is the largest tributary to the Cuyahoga River. The watershed spans 24 communities in Cuyahoga, Summit, Portage and Geauga counties.
TCWP's volunteer Board of Directors bring a variety of expertise in the fields of stormwater management, environmental education, engineering, natural resources conservation, and economic development. TCWP is guided in their efforts to protect and restore the watershed and educate the public by four Ohio and U.S. EPA endorsed non-point source implementation strategic plans.
TCWP also just recently completed a new 5-year strategic plan. Our objectives from that plan are:
- Apply the latest science to effectively implement watershed health initiatives
- Become a community engagement hub
- Extend and facilitate private and public collaborations
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy
- Align structures and capacities with our mission and fiscal goals
- Increase recreational opportunities by connecting greenways, corridors, and bike paths between the different jurisdictions within the watershed.