Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to protect and restore water quality and habitats of the Tinker’s Creek watershed through community and individual partnerships.
Tinker’s Creek Watershed Partners is a non-profit watershed organization. The Tinker’s Creek watershed is the largest tributary to the Cuyahoga River. The watershed spans 24 communities in Cuyahoga, Summit, Portage and Geauga counties.
TCWP's volunteer Board of Directors bring a variety of expertise in the fields of stormwater management, environmental education, engineering, natural resources conservation, and economic development. TCWP is guided in their efforts to protect and restore the watershed and educate the public by three Ohio and U.S. EPA endorsed non-point source implementation strategic plans.
The goals of TCWP:
- Promote low-impact and conservation development practices that balance environmental integrity with human development
- Educate watershed communities about their activities and habits which negatively impact their environmental surroundings and provide alternative approaches.
- Encourage a no-net-loss wetland mitigation policy where mitigation remains localized within the watershed rather than outsourced to other watersheds.
- Lead a watershed-based approach to decision making that advances the concept of connectivity between the different political jurisdictions within the watershed.
- Increase recreational opportunities by connecting greenways, corridors, and bike paths between the different jurisdictions within the watershed.