Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Embark Center for Self-Directed Learning is a resource center for teens who wish to direct their learning and lives outside of the confines of traditional school. Members and their families may use our center however often and in whatever way they choose.
Personal advisory relationship with Embark Center core staff member
- Minimum of three family meetings per year with personal advisor, more upon request
- Development of a family plan and a personal life plan
- Group classes and workshops at Embark Center
- One-on-one tutorials with Embark Center staff.
- Use of Embark Center during open hours for socializing and study
- Invitations to all trips and special workshops sponsored by Embark Center
- Support to design and complete private academic and/or non-academic projects
- Support to find volunteer work, jobs, and internships outside of Embark Center
- Support to find classes and activities outside of Embark Center
- Long-term support for alumni and families, including university admissions