Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Friends of the Orinda Library play a central role in supporting the day-to-day operations of the library, raising over $80,000 annually. We have also been a driving force behind several parcel tax campaigns to provide funds to keep our library open 60 hours per week. The Friends of the Orinda Library is a 501(c)(3) California non-profit corporation made up of over 500 local residents and is run by a Board of Directors, made up of over 25 volunteer members.
The Friends of the Orinda Library purchase over 85% of the library’s new materials each year, including:
- 5,000 new books
- DVDs, including popular movies, TV shows, and documentaries
- Audiobooks on CD
- Subscriptions to over 80 magazines, among them Architectural Digest, Bicycling, Consumer Reports, Cooks Illustrated, Discover, Garden Design, National Geographic, The New Yorker, Real Simple, Runner’s World, Scientific American, Vogue, Wine Spectator, and many children’s magazines
- Subscriptions to highly-valued financial periodicals, including Barron’s, The Economist, Investor’s Business Daily, S&P Outlook, Value Line, and The Wall Street Journal.
In addition, the Friends fund many of the library’s enrichment programs for children, teens, and adults, including:
- The Summer and Winter Concert Series
- Speaker Programs
- The Summer Reading Programs
- Lamorinda Reads
- Paws to Read
- Annual Poul Anderson Creative Writing Contest for high school students
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!