Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
YES identifies young leaders from low-income communities and equips them with the resources, support, and academic skills required for success through high school, college, and beyond.
YES identifies Scholars entering middle school through extensive interviews, along with teacher recommendations and school transcripts. Once identified, YES works with Scholars by:
- Engaging them for up to three hours a week in small group sessions, led by our team of educators, to develop critical thinking, language and leadership skills.
- Placing them and providing tuition for summer programs at local and internationally acclaimed boarding schools.
- Preparing for the SAT and/or ACT, in a subsidized program administered by the Compass Education Group, a private tutoring company.
- Providing college counseling support and assistance in preparing for college.
- Assisting in identifying and applying for college scholarships.
- Providing supplemental financial aid and support for medical costs.
- Assisting in identifying and securing internships and career placements.
- Affording access to a robust support system, along with their families.
- Encouraging Scholars to lead as examples in their communities.