Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Studio Art Quilt Associates, Inc. (SAQA) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote the art quilt through education, exhibitions, professional development, documentation, and publications. Founded in 1989 by an initial group of 50 artists, SAQA now has over 3,400 members: artists, teachers, collectors, gallery owners, museum curators and corporate sponsors.
- Publish a newsletter and e.Bulletin addressing the professional needs of the working quilt artist.
- Publicize information about the art quilt through a website, Juried Artist Member portfolios, and referrals to teachers and speakers for workshops and symposia.
- Educate through a series of conferences and lectures.
- Create a network of collectors, dealers and artists.
- Produce quality exhibitions, with documentary catalogues and critical reviews.
- Encourage critical writing, research and publication of articles about art quilts in the art press, popular press and scholarly journals.