Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Seattle Counseling Service is a community resource that advocates, educates and serves to advance the social well being and mental health of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender communities of Greater Seattle.
Seattle Counseling Service is a community-based organization that has been dedicated to promoting health and wellness within the LGBTQ community for 45 years. We are committed to providing accessible services; we offer a sliding fee scale and accept Medicaid and many insurance plans. We provide the following services to anyone, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity:
- Mental Health Counseling: SCS provides individual, couples, family, group counseling, and case management services by licensed mental health counselors or masters-level therapy-interns. Our therapists also work with transsexual/transgender/gender non-conforming individuals, and assist with accessing hormone replacement therapy and other trans-specific treatments.
- Chemical Dependency Outpatient Services: Fully licensed by the WA State Department of Alcohol and Substance Abuse, SCS offers tiered services tailored by addiction characteristics and recovery goals. All sessions are conducted by licensed Chemical Dependency counselors and supervised CDP trainees.
- Psychiatry & Medication Management: SCS clients meet with psychiatric staff to assess and monitor medication use.
- Immigrant, Refugee, Undocumented Outreach Program (IRUO): IRUO addresses linguistic and cultural barriers facing LGBTQ/IRU through outreach/education and non-medical case management services.
- Project NEON: An HIV-prevention program for individuals actively using or recovering from crystal methamphetamine use.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!