Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the museum is to inspire a spirit of exploration, discovery, and achievement through experiences that engage our visitors in the history, science, sport, and art of ballooning and other innovative forms of flight.
Since it opened in 2005, the Museum has welcomed over one million visitors from Albuquerque and many other communities in New Mexico, as well as from across the country and around the world.
Explore the history, science, sport, and art of ballooning and other innovative forms of flight.
Discover how human aviation began with ballooning in 1783 and the many advancements that have followed.
Achieve new heights by gaining knowledge and inspiration from visiting our interactive exhibitions or participating in our many educational programs.
Institutional Values and Principles
- Demonstrate respect and the highest standards of professionalism in our work and interactions with colleagues and the public
- Be authentic, accurate, and fair in the interpretation of our subject matter
- Serve our audiences in unique, meaningful ways in order to sustain the relevance, popularity, and permanence of the museum
- Ensure the public trust through proper stewardship of the collection and our resources
- Recognize and fulfill the responsibilities that come from serving diverse audiences
- Encourage learners to be critical thinkers in order to unlock knowledge and understanding now and in the future
- Build institutional success through innovation, efficiency, collaboration, and accountability