Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
BIAV is a chartered state affiliate of the Brain Injury Association of America, and together we are... The Voice of Brain Injury through Help, Hope & Healing.
Founded in 1983 by families and concerned professionals, the Brain Injury Association of Virginia is the only statewide non-profit organization in Virginia exclusively devoted to serving individuals with brain injury, their families, and those that care for and about them. Over 10,000 people find help from BIAV each year.
BIAV exists to be the primary source of information and personal support for thousands of individuals, families and professionals living in Virginia whose lives have been touched by a life-altering, often devastating injury. We provide support and assistance to all Virginians through:
- a toll-free assistance line that offers compassionate and knowledgeable help
- public and professional education to increase knowledge and understanding of brain injury
- outreach activities to improve access to services and programs and foster new relationships and community coalitions
- awareness of brain injury to increase the public’s general knowledge, build participation in the cause, and enhance our name recognition
- advocacy to advance public policies that improves access to care, prevents brain injury, and empowers those we serve to secure their rights and obtain the services they need