Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our Mission Telecom4Good seeks to develop a self-sustaining program to help NGOs reduce their direct overhead costs associated with the research, negotiation, procurement and management of their Internet services globally. Our Passion The true passion behind Telecom4Good is about empowering NGOs and encouraging collaboration to aggregate Internet bandwidth within areas where multiple NGOs operate. Through this group effort, Telecom4Good can negotiate significant cost savings while also improving the quality of Internet service for international NGOs.
Telecom4Good is launching a new program, Give Free Wi-Fi, to help provide Internet access to villages around NGO offices in rural areas within Africa. The program is a partnership between Telecom4Good and Cisco Meraki in conjunction with local NGOs in Africa.
Give Free Wi-Fi is centered on securely sharing Internet access with communities within a 1 mile radius of NGO offices. Wi-Fi would be available for use after the NGO closes and on weekends. Participating NGOs will receive 75% off Cisco Meraki Security Appliance and outdoor access points.
Cisco Meraki is the key product to allow the NGO to securely give their Internet access to nearby villagers and ensures the security of their office network.
Our vision is to provide a simple and easy-to-use portal with 6 avenues to the Internet:
- Learning education portals include Google.edu, YouTube.edu and Coursera
- Health access doctors and nurses and medical and wellbeing resources
- Agriculture and Farming access to agriculture & farming resources
- Weather access to local weather to find shelter or plant crops when it will rain
- Communications Email
- Give where the sponsoring NGO can share projects helping the community.