Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Intermountain AmeriCorps is a part of a national service movement striving to rebuild communities while broadening educational and life skills opportunities for citizens. AmeriCorps offers opportunities for Americans to make a substantial commitment to serve their country, mobilizing at the local level to build a national movement for positive change.
At the end of each year we hope that:
- The youth we serve are successful and inspired to become service-minded.
- Our members are enriched by their contributions and self-growth.
- Our partners are enthusiastic about our program.
- The communities we serve know what AmeriCorps stands for.
- Our staff is excited and motivated, striving to reach a higher standard.
- We continue to strive to be one of the most innovative AmeriCorps programs in the state.
It is very important to our program that those we serve through our program are somehow impacted by our efforts. It is also important to our program that our members have a chance to grow professionally and personally. We do this by giving our members the power of choice and decision within our organization. We believe in making sure our members feel invested in their year of service and the organization they serve in.
Below are some of our organization’s staple philosophies:
As leaders in our team, our schools and our communities, we:
- Adhere to a high standard of professionalism and performance
- Honor a productive, problem-solving attitude
- Practice respect and empathic listening
- Offer support, trust and productive feedback
- Assume that everyone is motivated by positive intent
- Refrain from judging each other
- React with composure to challenging situations
- Maintain our sense of humor