Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Healthy Hampshire is to reduce rates of chronic disease in its partner communities by effecting changes to policies and systems that encourage physical activity, healthy food access, improved patient care, and linkages between healthcare systems and community-level prevention activities.
Specifically, our goals are to:
- Increase availability and awareness of healthy food in retailers, institutions, and food pantries
- Collaborate with municipalities to recommend changes to the built environment that will encourage more physical activity in everyday life
- Focus on health inequities within and between communities, and work in partnership with those most affected to build community capacity for advocacy and public policy change
- Decrease risk factors for diabetes, heart disease and stroke through improved clinical practices and coordinated patient care
- Develop linkages between healthcare systems and community-level prevention activities that increase and reinforce opportunities for residents to make healthy choices
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!