Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Project Ethiopia is to empower rural villagers to implement and sustain improvements in health, education, and local economic activity.
Project Ethiopia works in northwest Ethiopia to implement and sustain improvements in health, education, and local economic activity. Project Ethiopia operates fully at the grassroots level and all projects originate and are guided by the villagers themselves. Our projects address three key areas: Access to Education, Healthy Villages, and Economic Opportunities.
Access to Education:
- Building and improving rural primary schools through grade 8
- Providing clean water and sanitation facilities at the schools
- Providing awards to high school graduates to ease the transition from village to university
- Supporting housing improvements such as new roofing and cleanable floors
- Distributing solar lanterns in areas with access to the electrical grid
- Installing family composting latrines
- Digging clean water wells
- Forming Farmers’ Associations that provide farmers with opporutnities to learn new techniques and exchange ideas
- Offering low-interest micro loans to rural villagers, especially women, who cannot access other sources of credit