Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to work with volunteers from around the world. Volunteers assist impoverished rural communities in West Africa with solutions-oriented projects that will enable local people to lift themselves out of poverty. We focus on empowering people, particularly young and disadvantaged groups, so that they can become agents of proactive change within their communities.
VPWA work is based on its commitment to fullfill the UN Millenium Development Goals and thus it defends an integrated approach to sustainable development. That means that its projects not only aim to lift people out of poverty but also to:
- promote education: VPWA realizes Micro-Finance, Entrepreneurship and Vocational Training for the Poor.
- reduce illiteracy and help to eradicate incidence of child labor.
- advance energy and environmental policies
- strenghten resources to prevend and respond to crisis
- fight the spread of HIV/AIDS and other diseases: VPWA aims to sensitize communities on health-related issues including Malaria,HIV-AIDS, tuberculosis and Buruli Ulcer.
Methodology VPWA's methodology of action is based upon the belief that disadvantaged groups must be recognized as agents of change. Thus, VPWA understands that its role is empowering and equipping people, particularly young people and disadvantaged groups, in order to engage them in their communities and help them to contribute to the welfare and development of their societies.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!