Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Mission of Canine Companions for Independence is to provide highly trained assistance dogs to persons with disabilities, totally free of charge.
The CCI Northern Nevada Comstock Chapter is comprised of volunteers serving Reno, Winnemucca, Elko, Washoe Valley, Carson City, Carson Valley, Incline Village, Tahoe City, Truckee and surrounding areas.
The purpose of the Northern Nevada Comstock Chapter is:
- To create awareness of the mission of Canine Companions for Independence
- To maintain a vibrant and positive presence within the community
- To provide an opportunity for Graduate Teams (a person with a disability and his/her highly trained assistance dog) to interact with puppy raisers and other Canine Companions volunteers
- To recruit and support puppy raisers
- To fundraise via two events--Pins for Pups and Dogfest Walk 'n Roll
The Vision of the Northern Nevada Comstock Chapter: Our vision is for effective collaboration that bridges the gap between higher education and community to further the mission of Canine Companions for Independence. University/College students, Lions Clubs, and community members work together, learn from each other, and ultimately effective positive changes through theco-creation of knowledge and shared resources.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!