Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The HBCU Foundation is a Federally-recognized 501(c)(3) organization, whose aim is to provide much needed support to deserving students attending our nation's 105 Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
The HBCU Foundation, a 501(c)(3), was launched in 2006 as the fundraising/scholarship arm of the HBCU super-site - www.HBCUConnect.com. The aim of the foundation is to raise awareness of all Historically Black Colleges and Universities, while raising much-needed funding for deserving young scholars, as well as Campus, Study Abroad, Mentorship Diversity Recruitment and Arts & Cultural Enrichment programs. Support for The HBCU Foundation plays a critical role in enabling thousands of HBCU students to attend school each year and gain access to internship and career opportunities by:
- Facilitating access to thousands of internships and employment opportunities targeted specifically to HBCU students and alumni of our 105 member institutions
- Facilitating access to HBCU alumni mentors
- Providing financial support to its 105 member institutions
- Providing college readiness and early access HBCU tour programs for high school students and families via our Early Access College program
- Advocating at national events throughout the country on behalf of all HBCUs
HBCU institutions educate more than 207,000 students at tuitions averaging 30 percent less than those charged by comparable institutions. The HBCU Foundation programs and scholarships increase the likelihood that students will be accepted, as well as graduate from college.