Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We provide a summer camp for campers with High Functioning Autism (HFA) or Asperger’s Syndrome (AS). Our Mission is to provide our campers with the opportunity to engage in activities that will help them grow and expand their social experiences. We want to provide opportunities for campers with HFA or AS to enjoy their uniqueness, take pride in their strengths, and just have fun!
Camp Odakoda was created in 2010 to support children with high functioning autism spectrum disorders and asperger’s syndrome. Our mission is to facilitate the same kind of summer-camp that most children enjoy - with the added support, encouragement and expertise that we’ve specifically designed for children with these special needs.
We offer a 4 night sleep away experience for boys and girls aged 10-18 years who have Asperger’s Syndrome, or High Functioning Autism. Our program is centered around promoting social skill development in a fun and exciting way. We have a 2 campers to 1 adult counselor ratio.
Our Camp offers our campers:
* Safe, fun, friendly environment to learn and enhance social skills
* Opportunity to meet and make new friends with the same challenges as each other
* Opportunity to share and enjoy area’s of interest with others
Counselors and camp staff will work with our campers on:
* Social skills
* Friendship skills
* Compromising skills
* Perspective taking
* Building confidence and self esteem
* Providing core skills to use in school and with others once camp is over
* Opportunities to engage in group activities and non-competitive games