Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of JLA Trust is to ensure that children and adults with disabilities are able to obtain a high quality of life by leveraging the power of community to assist with financial security and peace of mind.
- Jewish Los Angeles Special Needs Trust (JA Trust) is a new nonprofit in Los Angeles County that provides pooled special needs trust services for people of all faiths in Los Angeles County.
- A special needs trust is a legal way for persons with disabilities who receive means-tested government benefits such as SSI or Medi-Cal to supplement those government benefits without jeopardy of exceeding the income and asset limits of those programs.
- JLA Trust provides professional trustee oversight and investment services at affordable prices for persons with disabilities, with both 1st and 3rd party pooled special needs trusts.
- Clients enroll in our Trust by signing a Joinder Agreement, under one Master Trust that has been created by a lawyer with expertise in this area. Funds are kept in separate sub-accounts for each individual and only "pooled" for investment/management purposes.
- In addition to the Trustee and Investment services, all of our clients receive a free, customized, loadable VISA card to pay for pre-approved services and goods, and also receive on-going individualized client services and help with navigating government programs and benefits.