Fundación Bolivia Digna
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
- Sports & Recreation
LocationCalle Ecuador 508Cochabamba, Bolivia Bolivia
Bolivia Digna is an NGO based in Cochabamba, Bolivia, founded in 2006. Its objective is to promote and defend the rights of children, adolescents and other vulnerable social groups living in exclusion and poverty.
The children we work with suffer from a lack of attention and of positive role models as their families are unable to assist with their formal education. Children and adolescents are often required to work and many are left to fend for themselves or are expected to care for younger siblings. These children are at risk of becoming victims of physical, psychological and sexual abuse and human trafficking. They lack support to escape the poverty trap.
Therefore, the primary goals of all of our projects are:
- To provide a safe environment for at least a part of the day;
- To remove some of the burden of responsibility and allow kids to be kids;
- To teach and demonstrate values that are at the core of a healthy society;
- To teach children hygiene habits such as washing their hands and brushing their teeth;
- To assist with and augment formal education to improve future prospects.
Would you recommend Fundación Bolivia Digna?
0 reviews Write a review