Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our members are Veterans that served honorably in U.S. wars on foreign soil. We are dedicated to serving veterans and their families. Our motto is "Honor the Dead by Taking Care of The Living."
Listed below are a few of the services we provide to Veterans:
- We Provide Military Funeral Honors At Veterans Funerals.
- We Perform Flag Ceremonies On Holidays Such As Memorial Day And Veterans’ Day.
- We Provide For The Proper Disposal Of U.S. Flags.
- We Attend Parades On Patriotic Holidays And Welcome Home Ceremonies Of Soldiers, Returning From Combat Zones.
- We Provide Christmas Baskets And Other Holiday Meals For Veterans With Families In Need.
- We Visit Hospitalized Veterans To Provide Them With Comfort And Support.
- We Assist Worthy Veterans In Obtaining Rightful Benefits From The Federal Or State Governments.
- We Speak At Local Schools, When Requested
- We Sponsor The Voice Of Democracy (Grades 9-12) And Patriots’ Pen (Grades 4-8) Essay Contests.
- We Manage The Benton County Veteran Assistance Fund To Assist Veteran’s In Need.
- We Distribute "Poppies" To Assist Needy Or Disabled Veterans.
- We Chair the Greater Tri-Cities Veteran's Coordination Group which assists Veterans in need by Pooling Funds from all the area’s Veteran Organizations including VFW, American Legion, Combat Veterans International, Benton County Agencies, etc.