Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The vision of GROW Aiken is a healthy community (mind, body and soul) utilizing locally grown and raised food as the vehicle for returning to and maintaining health and wellness.
Our values will guide our way.
- Local Food Accessibility - We value community residents having access to food that is grown and raised locally.
- Affordable Food Options - We value food being an affordable commodity for most.
- Local Food & Nutrition Advocacy - We value being a loud voice for local food and food based nutrition.
- Health Education - We value the benefit of educating the community on how food can be good medicine.
- Natural Health Alternatives - We value the use of natural foods and methods for developing and maintaining good health.
Our priorities will determine the roads we take towards accomplishing our vision.
- We will promote programs that encourage community residents to increase the quantity of locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables into their daily diets.
- We will provide educational opportunities for local residents to learn about food based nutrition.
- We will connect community residents with local food producers.
- We will work to develop and support local farmers who support our vision.
- We will work to develop and support affordable local food options for the community.
- We will promote natural health solutions including eating the highest quality, most nutritious food and exercise.