Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Families in Transition is to empower individuals to break the cycle of domestic violence by providing safety, shelter, support services, public education, social and legal advocacy.
milies in Transition is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides shelter, safety and assistance to victims of domestic violence and their children. W e began providing services in 1997. Our shelter is located in Crittenden County.
Safety for our clients is the most important service we provide. We have numerous safety and confidentiality policies in place that ensure our clients can break free from the cycle of abuse and begin the healing process with peace of mind.
Our domestic violence hotline is answered by staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, please call 870-732-4077 for assistance.
- Individuals have a right to live free of violence, and that the cycle of violence can be broken.
- Domestic violence is a social problem.
- Our community is responsible for confronting domestic violence and for providing resources to address respective needs.
- Children, women and men who live in violent homes suffer emotionally, and often physically deserve special help and care.
- An individual's choice regarding future family relationship(s) will be respected and supported.
- We live in a multi-cultural community whose diversity enriches us all, and this diversity is worthy of honor and respect.
- Every person has worth and value and deserves to be treated with respect.