Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Fair Budget Coalition advocates for budget and public policy initiatives that address poverty and human needs in the District of Columbia. The Fair Budget Coalition accomplishes these goals by leveraging the collective power of its member organizations, including working with social service providers to empower those directly affected by poverty to participate in the advocacy process.
The Fair Budget Coalition believes in a just and inclusive District of Columbia, a place that supports strong and stable communities, that allows low-income residents to live in dignity, and that makes it possible for all residents to achieve economic security.We believe that such a community:
- ensures a secure and affordable home to all;
- provides adequate jobs, a living wage, and income security for all;
- provides all with the education and training necessary for an improved quality of life;
- guarantees environmental health and safety to all;
- ensures that all have access to excellent medical care;
- can remedy the diseases of substance abuse and mental illness with encouragement, support, and quality treatment services;
- provides our incarcerated brothers and sisters with humane treatment and the opportunity for rehabilitation;
- must maintain an effective "social safety net" that can minimize the impact of crises on the lives of women, men, and children;
- and must exercise self-determination vis-a-vis local budget, policies, and law.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!