Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Create and sustain longer term, transitional housing solutions for the unhoused, combined with career and financial education.
Bootstrap Villages’ vision is to create a nationwide network of safe, healthy, and drug-free environments where people can live with dignity, learn, and walk into a brighter future. We build and maintain low cost, tiny house community villages for the unhoused, unserved, or under-served homeless and low income population. Our organization is unique, and allows us to serve the homeless youth, single adults, unmarried couples, elderly, and pets-those who sometimes cannot find help in other traditional housing services.
Benefits of our program:
- A safe, secure and stable home base
- Occupational/employment opportunities and services
- Builds independence, and self-determination
- Encourages contribution to the village and local community
- Opportunities for personal growth and empowerment
- No religious organization requirements
Additionally it will have:
- A partnership with a local community center with access to classrooms and other services such as laundry facilities
- Green space for gardens and outdoor activities
- Opportunities for recreation, education, and socialization outside work hours